Getting to and from the River Festival
There are lots of different ways that you can travel around Liverpool – on the city wide transport network with Merseytravel to hopping on a bike with City Bike. There are also a number of private hire and black cabs available within the city as well as parking facilities around the city to help on your visit.
Back to Homepage
- There are two main city centre bus terminals and travel centers: Liverpool ONE Paradise Street Bus Station and Queen Square Bus Station.
- Find out more about bus services in your area by downloading the Arriva Bus app.
- If you would like information on transport on the bus network in Liverpool, please visit Merseytravel.gov.uk
Why not get there by train to this year’s River Festival?
Lime Street Station is Liverpool’s mainline station with trains arriving from Manchester, London, Scotland and the rest of the UK.
Liverpool Waterfront is just a short walk from Moorfields & James Street train stations, where regular Merseyrail services run throughout the day to 68 stations across Merseyside.
Why not use the Merseyrail Journey Planner to plan your day out and find the best value rail ticket. Return travel starts from £2.10, or a family of five can enjoy a Family Ticket for just £11!
- Cycling is permitted around the city with dedicated cycle parking available. Cycle parking and routes are available to view on the Liverpool cycle map.
- The city also benefits from a citybike cycle hire scheme whereby you can hire a bike during your visit to the city for a small charge, find out more on Liverpool’s citybike cycle hire scheme here.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport is around a 20-25 minute taxi journey from Liverpool city centre.
- Bus services to and from the airport include the 80A which depart from Liverpool One Bus Station every 20 minutes.
- If you would like further information on transport via Liverpool John Lennon Airport, please visit their website here.
- ComCab: Call 0151 298 2222
- Davy Liver taxis are one of our official taxi partners – if you would like more information on their services, please visit their website here.
- Davy Liver: Call 0151 708 7080
- Excel: Call 0151 728 8888
- Alpha Cars: Call 0151 722 8888
- National Express coach station is conveniently located in the heart of Liverpool City Centre
- If you would like further information on booking a National Express coach please visit the National Express website.
<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/embed?mid=1Ohl73DIzEVP1Us-uZBRbRzB3sDrVvC9Z” width=”640″ height=”480″></iframe>